Annual American Indian Heritage Celebration
Visit the North Carolina Museum of History for its 21st Annual American Indian Heritage Celebration. Musicians, dancers, artists, storytellers, and authors from North Carolina’s eight state recognized Native American Tribes:
- Eastern Band of Cherokee (tribal reservation in the Mountains)
- Coharie (Sampson and Harnett counties)
- Lumbee (Robeson and surrounding counties)
- Haliwa-Saponi (Halifax and Warren counties)
- Sappony (Person County)
- Meherrin (Hertford and surrounding counties)
- Occaneechi Band of Saponi Nation (Alamance and surrounding counties)
- Waccamaw-Siouan (Columbus and Bladen counties)
will gather for this popular family event. With something for all ages, the celebration is a firsthand opportunity to learn about the state’s American Indian culture, past and present. Activities include craft demonstrations, hands-on activities, games, foods, and much more.
North Carolina Museum of History. November 9, 2016 at 11:00 am-4:00 pm. Free.